Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Quandry of Blindness

The Task Today
Most of today was invested in curriculum development.  As much as I am passionate about getting men into the Word, this has been a slog.  Part of the issue is that I am writing this for someone else to give.  That is a challenge for me for a couple of reasons.  First, and this is probably selfish, I would prefer to do it myself.
Quandry of Blindness
The Steep Challenge
Second, I do not know those who will be leading the session for which I am writing.  I do not know their backgrounds, their experience in the Bible, or their views on what I am writing.  Further, part of my assignment is the modules on personal Bible study.  The focus will be a modified synthetic overview of the Gospel of John.  That is a difficult assignment.  Especially if one has never done a synthetic overview of a shorter book.  The men attending will not have.  Pretty sure the men teaching will not have either.

No Experience Necessary?
So my task is to write a lesson for people who have not done what they are teaching so that they can teach what they have never done to men who have never done it either.  Seems a lot like the blind leading the blind.

So I struggle.

I have spent a lot of time praying and writing – not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment