- 2 Chronicles 21:4 (here @ Bible Gateway)
- 2 Chronicles 21:6 – 7 (here @ Bible Gateway)
- 2 Chronicles 21:11 (here @ Bible Gateway)
- 2 Chronicles 21:20 (here @ Bible Gateway)
Romans 15:4 (here @ Bible Gateway) tells us that this was written for our instruction. So what do we learn from Jehoram? Not walking with the Lord and leading others into heretical belief and worship, would make our impact such that no one regrets our departure.
How would we do that today:
- By seeking the favor of men over the favor of or obedience to the Lord.
- Putting ministry expediency or effectiveness above the Word of God.
- Putting success ahead of the Word of God.
The way to make sure that we are not following in Jehoram’s footsteps, is to make sure we are doing the opposite of him:
- Engage and love our brothers and one another.
- Walk with God.
- Continually abide in and point others to the Word.
Living this way would leave a legacy that people would remember fondly.