Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yours

The first few words of Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life, are, “It’s not about you.”  If you read the book, you know that he was referring to the truth that the big story is about God.  We are here for Him not the other way around.  Rick is right.  However there are some things that are about you.
We cannot live the Christian Life on someone else's study.
In Romans 14:22 Paul is speaking to the behavior that resulted from the Roman believers faith.  It is an important passage.  Its importance has taken on greater significance, in my estimation, because of the ease of reading and “studying” books like The Purpose Driven Life, the ready availability of messages on the internet, and the proliferation of other ways people share what they are learning.
We cannot navigate the Christian life successfully on someone else’s convictions.  When I stand before God He is not going to ask me what

I did with my pastor’s beliefs.  We are going to discuss what I did.  What I believe.  I am not responsible for anyone’s faith but my own.  That is why it is critical that we are in the Word for ourselves.  We cannot walk with God on the basis of someone else’s study.

No comments:

Post a Comment