Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Focus

Not sure that is the right title for this.  Here goes.  There seems to be a tension in investing one’s life into people.  On the one hand one needs some credibility in order to gain a hearing.  On the other hand the purpose of the investment, at least if one is to follow what the Bible says, is to focus those in whom one is investing on Christ and not on one’s credibility.
The focus on ministry is not the minister, at least it shouldn't be.
There may be some people out there who have forgotten that.

From time to time I am one of them.  There are times that I get frustrated, jealous of other’s impact.  Wishing that I would get noticed or have a greater opportunity to serve people.  When that happens, I have forgotten.  Forgotten what is important.  Forgotten what is my purpose; my assignment.  It is not about me.  It’s about people getting to know Christ.  Nothing else matters.  1 Corinthians 2 is a great reminder of this; especially the first portion of the passage.  Additionally Colossians 1:28 is a good reminder.

I need reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment