Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Anger Again

Do you ever get angry?  I have asked you that before. I am this morning.  I know that the Word says that I should not let the sun go down on this, but according to my calculations I have about nine and a half hours before that becomes a problem.
We have to continually check ourselves and those with whom we walk that we do not drift away from the faith.
I think that there may be a quality to anger.  Christ was angry when He kicked over the tables in the temple.  Pretty sure that anger was OK.  It was Christ after all.  So there was a holy quality to Christ’s anger.  He was ticked that the money changers were trivializing the principal place for the worship of His Father.  Typically my anger is not all that pure, or holy.  Typically I get angry because my goals are continually blocked.  Today it might be a bit different.  Today I am angry that there is an organization which I have followed for some time, which seems, on the surface to be slipping their moorings.  They seem to have left their first love, so to speak; in that they seem to have become more concerned with numerical growth and marketing rather than adhering to the Word of God and their historically core mission.

Like this organization, we are continually in danger of slipping away.  In 2 Peter the apostle uses language that calls us continually to task.  He tells us that we are to be diligent in pursuing Christian growth (2 Peter 1:10; 3:14 ).  He says that he is committed to stirring up our mind to that diligence (2 Peter 1:12 -15; 3:1 -2).  He commits to continually remind us that we are to pursue that growth.  Each of us is to charge hard after God.  We are to continually check ourselves and those who are walking with us against the Word of God.  If we do not, we may also slip the moorings.

No comments:

Post a Comment