Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Prayer


This morning in Psalm 86 there were some phrases that stood out:
The Father wants us to ask Him to hear us and to answer our prayer.  Do you?

  • Incline Thine ear
  • Give Ear
  • Give Head
  • Answer me x 2

The model here is for us to ask God to both hear us and to answer us.  Don’t know about you but that is not my usual process.  Typically I just dive in with what is on my mind.  But here and in other places the consistent model is to ask God to hear and to answer.  Additionally in this Psalm the psalmist details his circumstance asking God to intervene.  Again that is not my practice.  Typically, I just ask for the intervention without rehearsing the situation with God.  I mean He already knows; it is not like I am giving Him any information.  But the model here is to tell Him the details.
So today I used this model.  I was overcome with the intimacy with God that it created.  It takes longer.

Perhaps that is the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment