Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tunnel of Love

You may have asked sometime in your Christian experience for the Lord to make you more like Christ.  If you did, you may not have been all that excited about the process.  It calls for suffering.  You can look at the book of 1 Peter to validate that the word shows up 16 times in that book.  I was thinking through this reality over the last few days.
The dark tunnels we experience as believers is evidence of God's love shaping us to be more closely like His Son.
There have been times in my life that I felt like I was in a long dark tunnel.  The light at the end I hoped was not an oncoming train.  Those times have shaped me as a believer.  They have taught me dependence on Christ.  They have instilled humility.  They have stripped me of self assurance.  They have underscored my need for the Body.

God is love.  We read that certain description in 1 John 4:8, 16.  Those dark tunnels are God’s tunnels of love as he shapes us more perfectly into the image of His Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment