Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Trust

In the workshop we lead to equip parents to lead their children in the Word, part of each session is a table discussion.  In that section of the workshop we give them some questions to consider and discuss.  Last Sunday was the 4th week.  So they have done an overview of the Book and have studied the first chapter of that book verse by verse.  After they shared what they got form that work one of the questions that I asked them to consider was,"What prevents you for sharing what you are learning with other people?"  The answers were similar to those I have heard before from this question.

  • No time
  • Not sure I have the right answer
  • Not sure I have all the knowledge I need
  • Not sure that the person will accept what I have to say.
If we do not do what God asks us to do because we do not think it will work out, what does that say about our trust of God?
As I said these were not new answers to that question.  As I was noting them on the whiteboard, a new thought did occur to me.  All of those obstacles seemed to have their source in one thing, lack of trust.  
  • Ephesians 2:10 and Psalm 139 tells us that we are created specifically for a purpose.  If that is true how is it that we do not have time?
  • John 16:13, James 1:5, and Mark 13:11, tell us that the Spirit will lead us into all truth, that, if we ask, God will give us wisdom, and that when confronted with difficult situations we will be given the words to say.
  • Hebrews 4:12 - 13, and Isaiah 55:11 tell us that the Word does what it is intended to and cannot be thwarted.

If all that is true if I am not sharing because of the stated reasons, then it is really because I have chosen not to trust that God is true to His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment