Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Victory

A couple of weeks ago I went to the funeral of a friend.  Arriving about 40 minutes early I walked into an already packed church.  The church is one of the largest in our area.  Looking around the crowd I saw many I knew and many of whom I knew.  All were prominent either in the Christian or business community in most cases both.  I was going to say local but the people and the man whose life they were there to celebrate impacted far more than the local community.

As I surveyed the crowd thinking of my friend’s obvious impact, a friend sitting in an adjacent pew leaned over and said, “This is the result of finishing well.”  He was right and I thought immediately of 2 Timothy 4:7 – 8.  Then I turned the program over and saw:
What is the result of finishing well?
It was an appropriate tribute to Clark Millspaugh.  During the service I was both reminded of the reach of a life given over to Christ and challenged to do the same.  I was in an auditorium with hundreds of people essentially cheering a man across the finish line.  It was impactful in ways that I cannot fully express.  It was the result of a life given fully to following Christ and finishing well that race.

I hope to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about this. Was it an accident, or an illness? Very sad.

    ReplyDelete