Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

New

Words matter.  Even little words.  Today reading in Psalm 29 verse 11 caught my attention, specifically the part about the Lord giving strength to His people.  Getting older and being tired this afternoon probably contributed to that capture.
Even small words in the Scripture can lead you to a new richer understanding...
Thinking through the passage a couple of other passages came to mind, Isaiah 40:27 – 31, and Matthew 11:28 – 30.  That is where “new” came in.  You know the passage in Isaiah well; probably have it memorized.  Today as I was thinking through these passages “new” grabbed my attention.  I have always read that as restored.  In other words waiting on God recharges my strength.  But today I dug a little deeper the Hebrew word that is translated “will gain new” is chalaph ().  While it does mean recharge or renew it also can carry the meaning of changes or replace.  It occurs to me that while waiting on the Lord is rest as Matthew 11:28 says it is also transformative.  2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us that we are new creatures as we come into relationship with Him.  Philippians 2:13 and 4:13 tells me that the Lord gives me not only the will but the ability or strength to follow and serve Him.

That is a great encouragement to me when I get weary.  I can come to Him and He will give me “new” strength, His strength.  That is a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment