Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Press On

A couple of days ago I shared some about a man I met this week, Eric.  He spoke at a local church this morning.  I mentioned earlier that he spent about 20 years in refugee camps.  This morning as he was sharing what the Lord was doing through his ministry he said, “I am not trying to redeem the 20 years in the refugee camps, I am just looking ahead.”  Immediately Philippians 3: 13 – 14 came to mind.
We must choose to move past our challenges or wallow in them.
Too often we get stuck.  We live in the challenges we have been through.  That is living in the “what if.”  If Psalm 139 is true, if Ephesians 2:10 is true, then all that we have gone through is for the purpose of preparation for what He wants us to do.  We have a choice in how we respond.  We either press on and use what He has done in our lives or we wallow in what could have been.

Eric chose to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment