There seem to be three steps to David’s plan.
- David sent his best people to deal with the issue – he sent his best general, Joab, and his mighty men.
- David did not micro manage the problem – he let his best people deal with the issue based on their experience and gifts. They dealt with the problem by:
- Subdividing the issue into manageable or rational parcels.
- Assigning the best people to deal with that subset.
- All, David, Joab, and the mighty men were strong and courageous in dealing with the challenge.
- They were not focused on getting glory for themselves.
- They were focused on:
- Getting glory for the Lord
- Protecting the People