Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Building the House – We Need a Lot of Help

Continuing the trek through 1 Chronicles 29:1 – 2, David observes that Solomon is needy.
Building the House – We Need a Lot of Help
Pretty much describes us.  Even with the gifts we are given, John 15:5 is absolutely still true.

Being chosen by God does not in itself equip.  There has to be experience and time involved in preparation.  David knew this from experience.  He was anointed king in 1 Samuel 16.  David did not take the throne of Israel until 2 Samuel 5.  During much of that time he was fighting for his life.

Knowing what he knows, David petitions the Lord for the people and for his son Solomon.  That the people, of which Solomon is a part, will have their heart directed to Him.  For Solomon specifically, David prays for a heart perfect in obedience.

There are examples in for us in the New Testament as well.  In Acts 18:24 – 28, we read of Apollos, gifted, accurately teaching what he knew.  He just needed more guidance.  Pricilla and Aquila, pulled him aside and gave him direction.

Paul wrote 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus to encourage and strengthen the hand of two of the best me he trained.

We are the living stones, we have been gifted, we have been assigned to build His Church, but we cannot do it alone.  We cannot, do it without the input of those who have and are going before us.

There is much more that can be said, but rather than writing it here you may want to take a look at the “one another” passages in the New Testament.

1 comment:

  1. Our children (I'm sure like me when I was a child) went through the "I can do it myself!" stage. And we affirmed and encouraged it. As humans we must learn to take personal responsibility in in many areas of our lives. That starts in our homes and is a responsibility of parents to get it going and nurture it.

    This is true in all areas of life - to an extent. Only I can decide that I'm going to get out of bed in dark, find my Bible and get my nose in it, think, meditate and pray over it's truths. Then I can (and should, usually) discuss it, read your blog, and be stimulated in other ways. The proper blending of personal responsibility and awareness of my utter dependence on God for life is surely a struggle only becoming more intense as I grow in God's grace.

    Thank you for this significant encouragement. Jesus' words ring in my being, "..without me, you can do nothing!" I've got a ways to go to get it right!

    ReplyDelete