Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Perform or Marinate

I was going to write on Psalm 40:1, but I already have.  But while I was thinking through that passage this morning Luke 10:38 – 42 came to mind.
We are not called to perform for Christ but to marinate in His presence...
If you are like me you are more like Martha than Mary.  The waiting that the Psalmist describes in Psalm 40:1 is really what Mary is doing here.  She is at the feet of Christ soaking, marinating in His presence.  Martha is busy serving, ministering.

Jesus says that marinating is better than performing.  I have trouble remembering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment