Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Compare or ...

Tonight I have been working through a summary of 2 Corinthians.  One of the key verses for me this time through is 2 Corinthians 10:12.  I was working on summarizing that section of the book and was trying to come up with the opposite of compare in the context of 2 Corinthians 10.  So quick what is the opposite of compare?
What is the opposite of comparison?
You can see from the notes – assuming you can read them – I tried multiple words.  It occurred to me that in this context the root of both comparison and contrast is insecurity.  Insecurity in one’s place in, worth to, and usefulness to Christ.  That drives us to measure ourselves by what we can see, other people.  Paul says that demonstrates lack of understanding.

I am still not settled on how to communicate this most effectively but it seems to me that in this context the opposite of comparison may be contentment.  Contentment in my position in Christ.  Contentment in the role in which He has placed me.  Contentment in the way He has gifted me.  Contentment in the way in which He has allowed me to serve Him.

I find that often I am not content with the way my Lord has chosen to employ me.

No comments:

Post a Comment