Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Waiting

There have been a number of times in this blog that I have written on waiting, the word shows up about 42 times since we started.  This morning I was reading in Psalm 40:1 – 3, the waiting thing came up again.  I suppose that it grabs my attention because waiting is not something I do well.  I prefer to move, act, do, fix, engage… verbs that describe me are more action than state of being.  In Psalm 40:1, David made is worse for me.  He stated that he waited “patiently,”  Right.  One who has challenges waiting, is really going to respond well to waiting patiently…
Waiting is not my strong suit... especially waiting patiently...
There is much more in these three verses than we have room for here.  I commend them to you for your meditation, but a couple of thing – first, waiting patiently is an acknowledgement of my position before God.  He is the creator of the universe.  I am His servant, He is not mine.  It is contentment in my situation before Him.  It reminds me that I am a living sacrifice in worship of Him, Romans 12:1 -2.

Second, He does not answer for my benefit.  He answers so that others will be drawn to Him when they see His grace and mercy toward me, Psalm 40:3b.  Sometimes, no probably most times, I get that backwards.  My issues press in on me and I want results, move, act, fix… on my terms, when I “need” them fixed.  Waiting patiently reorients my heart to what is really important.

It is a real struggle, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment