Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Solid Trust?

Lately I have said that the Word does not change, we do, and that is why we see more and more each time we open its pages.  It is also the case that we change by gaining more skill in observation.  Both were probably true for me this morning when I read Psalm 25:1 – 3.  I wrote about this passage twice last September here and here.  I saw something different this time.
Sometimes my trust in God is shaky, what gives me comfort is that I am in good company...
This is one of David’s Psalms, David described as the man after God’s heart (Acts 13:22; 1 Samuel 13:14).  Note that in verse 1 and the first part of verse 2, David declares his dependence and trust in God in no uncertain terms.  I am not at all that certain.  I struggle with trust.  I struggle with being dependent, at times it scares me.  In this uncertainty I was greatly comforted by David’s next two phrases in verse 3:
  • Do not let me be ashamed
  • Do not let my enemies exult over me
It occurred to me that David did not say those things without having real concerns.  There seems to be an element of doubt in the outcome of his trust of God.  That comforts me.  Why, because if David, the man after God’s heart, was uncertain of the results of his trust in God, I am in good company.

It is not a problem to doubt, but we must do with our doubt what David did, admit it to God.  He knows already, He just wants us to acknowledge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment