Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Place of Idols

Yesterday Ezekiel 14:3 cycled through my reading program (for the past several years I have been using the Book of Common Prayer in my times with the Lord I use the Psalms and Lessons for the Christian Year, my version is old).  I was struck by what God told Ezekiel about those in captivity.  They had put idols in their hearts.
our heart is the place of worship.  Only God belongs there.
In the Scripture the heart is important to God; it shows up 627 times in the Old Testament.  It is the center of life for the Hebrew.  It is God’s place.  It is from where we seek Him.  The nation, His chosen people had replaced Him with idols.  They placed an abomination in a sacred place.

John picks up this theme in 1 John 2:15 – 17.  We are told, not to love, to put the idol of the world in our heart.  Why?  It is God’s place to do so is base blasphemy.

Which begs the question for me, what is in my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment