Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, April 30, 2012

Finishing

There is a group of men with whom I have been engaged for the past 10 years or so.  We work at finding our particular purpose.  That is what has God uniquely designed us to do?  There are a series of exercises we do in order to discover that which include some reflection on significant events in our lives.  It is an impactful and helpful pursuit.  That pursuit is in some part responsible for this blog.  One of the things we talk about frequently is finishing well the race God has put before us.  Unfortunately, not many men do.
What do we do to finish well?
This has been a long and disjointed day.  Things have not gone as I had planned.  I have written 167 posts here in 166 days (there were 2 on day 1).  So I reasoned earlier this afternoon that it would be ok to miss a day.  Then it dawned on me.  This assignment is from the Lord.  I am doing this because He directed it.  So it is for Him not me.  Him not you.  Then it occurred to me that the key to finishing well is to finish each day well.  Each day I have to do the things that renew my relationship with Him.  Faithfully, through His grace.  To finish well, I have to finish each day well.

No comments:

Post a Comment