Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Value

So this was the 5th week of Dads Teach the Bible.  We start at 8:15 in the evening.  At 8:25 no one was there.  The first week we had 10 men signed up, six showed.  Tonight it looked like no one was coming.  Then at 8:26 one of the men who had missed the last two weeks walked in.

Game on.
What if you had a study and only one person showed up?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I wondered if that was going to be the case.  Two men who have been to every session had called to tell me they were out of pocket.  Another has been traveling a lot.  So I had a feeling that this could be interesting.

One man showed.

I have been in situations where the leaders were upset at the turn out.  I have learned that numbers, is not the way to measure spiritual effectiveness.  As my wife pointed out as I was leaving the house to go to the workshop, "One man and the Lord is a great audience."

Mark 8:36 tells us that one man is worth the whole world.  Our planned group meeting became a one on one.  The reality is that one on one is much more effective.

It was a great time.

2 comments: