Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Answered Prayer

I have been praying for a source for a Nepali translation of the Bible.  I realized that I had found it today.  I have been in touch with a group in Ft. Worth who has a translation, but they have not responded to my inquiries.  So I am in the process of using what I found on Bible Gateway.
Ever wonder why God answers your prayer?  Thoughts at DTTB.
It makes the next several weeks a lot less stressful.  I am grateful that the Lord showed me an answer.  There are still questions but I think we are OK.

Yesterday, I mentioned that the reason God leads us it for His name’s sake.  That is, His reputation, His reasons.  As I have reflected on this answer to prayer and look at my life, it occurs to me that there is nothing in my life that would merit God’s deigning to answer my prayer.  Matter of fact, there is a lot that would argue against His answering my prayer.

That leads me to wonder, is it not for His name’s sake then that He chooses to answer us?  I know there is nothing in me that deserves consideration by the creator of the universe.  So He must have reasons greater than my merit or my weak faith.  It must be His choice, for His purpose not necessarily, mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment