Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Daniel and Friends, All In

Yesterday I shared that we finished Jeremiah.  The men want to study Daniel next.  So yesterday and this afternoon I began an overview of Daniel.  While I have studied it before I start over each time.
Daniel and Friends, All In
I noticed a theme.  Look at Daniel 3:28 and 6:16.

In the first passage Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah are characterized as yielding up their bodies so as not to serve any god.  In the second Darius states that Daniel serves God constantly.  That is validated by the context.  The satraps knew that they could trap Daniel in worship of God.

Those are amazing things to be said of someone.  Devotion to God is more important than life and being known by all as serving God constantly.

Paul had a similar attitude in Philippians 1:21; 3:7 – 16; and 1 Corinthians 9:15 – 27.

I do not know many, if in fact any, of which I can say those things about.  However, that seems to be the assignment.  To what else are we to give our lives that is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment