Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, March 27, 2015

Dying for Fruit

So, John 12:44 was in my reading today but I read John12:24 instead, just after I responded to Chuck’s comments on yesterday’s post.  I cannot tell you how many times I have read the “wrong” verse and it dealt with issues I was facing.  Ditto today.
Dying for Fruit
The message in John 12:44 is that to be fruitful we must die.  That’s harsh.  The interesting thing is what other passages say about this death thing.  Romans 6:3 – 7 tells us that if we have trusted Christ, we have been baptized into His death.  So we are dead.  Colossians 3:1 – 4 tells us the same thing.

The interesting thing is that in Romans 6:11 and Colossians 3:2, Paul tells us that we are to think differently because of this truth.  In Romans 6:11 we are to “consider” ourselves dead to sin.  It can be translated reckon as well.  In Colossians 3:2 we are to set our minds on above.

That is hard for me to grasp.  Trusting Christ causes me to die and my life becomes His.  All then I have to do is remember that.  I must intentionally consider myself dead, and set my mind on the above, which results in fruit.

Sounds easy.

Doesn’t seem to be in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment