Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Astonished

Mark is the subject of a couple of studies in which I participate weekly.  I am behind on one of them.  I have been working on the overview today.  One of the things I look for in an overview is repetition of words or concepts.
Astonished
This time through the concept of amazed, astonished, overwhelmed, got my attention.  The word group appears 19 times in Mark; most of the time as a reaction to Christ and His teaching.

That seems appropriate.

We just celebrated Christ’s first coming.  As we read the gospels about what He did with His life, and we discover the impact of His death, resurrection, and ascension, we should be amazed.  Amazed, astonished, overwhelmed with the lengths that God went to, to call us to Himself.

Astonished is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment