Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, December 26, 2014

Aftermath

It is the day after Christmas.  The day after unwrapping all of the presents, eating all of the food.  For the first time that I remember there wasn't football.  That changed today.
Was there a let down?  Was there some sort of Christmas aftermath doldrums?  There has been for me in the past.  I think for me, the reason I was focused on the wrong things.  I was focused on pleasing my family not the Lord.

This whole Christmas thing is meant for us to remember the intervention of God into our lives to bring us to Himself.  We have, or I have, at times used the presents we give to remind us of that gift.  But we forget that.

So after all of the emotions spent yesterday, on perhaps the wrong things, it would be reasonable to expect an aftermath of down emotions.

If that is the case, one way to adjust is to remember why we are doing all of this in the first place.  Use the time from now to the end of the month to invest some extended time in the Word and prayer asking Him what He wants you to do differently next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment