Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

Timely

Have you ever been really down?  I mean down at the level of despair.  Not totally fossilized but close.  Motivated to do nothing much more that practice being a lump.  I was pretty much there this morning.  I have a habit of reading the Bible each day.  I have mentioned before that I have been using the morning and evening readings from the Book of Common Prayer for the past several years.  This morning the first verse the BCP directed me to was Psalm 75:1.  As I read the passage I literally laughed out loud.
I have found that the Bible pierces darkness in my life in a timely manner...  That assumes I am in it...
Why?

I have lost count of the number of times I have come to this time in my day struggling with some burden or other and the passage I read lifted that burden or shed light in very dark places.  It happened again this morning.  The timeliness of the way God’s Word engages in my pain is stunning.  Have you experienced that?  In order to, you pretty much have to be in it regularly, even when you do not feel like it.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you, tonight. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, found out yesterday dad's cancer is stage iv.

      Delete
  2. Oh, so sorry. Will lift him up today.

    ReplyDelete