Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Demands of Fellowship

In the Church we talk a lot about fellowship.  In most of the buildings in which we meet there is a fellowship hall.  In that space we spill coffee on each other, listen to each other eat, swap stories about our kids, jobs, wives, husbands, etc.  There are not many events in our churches that we do not label as fellowship.  We are present, we are all believers, we be in fellowship…
Is fellowship just showing up or is there more to it than that?
Not so fast.

I wonder if there is more to this notion of fellowship than just showing up and chatting.  Read through Galatians 6:1 – 10.  Think through how this portion of Galatians fits into the overall purpose of what Paul is telling this group of believers (yeah, you will probably need to read the book a few times to get the sense of that).

It seems to me that there is more to this notion of fellowship than just showing up.  The sense I am getting from Galatians 6:1 – 10.  Is that I need to bring something, something good.  I bear a responsibility to bring the depth of my relationship with Christ and the work that He has done in my life into that time.

What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment