Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sovereign Love

“The cancer is stage IV, if not treated, six months.”
When your loved ones face challenges, terminal ones, where is God in that?
Three weeks earlier we celebrated his 90th birthday with 76 of dad’s friends.  Now my dad was telling me that the piece of chicken that got stuck during the meal revealed this news.  Untreated he said, prognosis was six months.  Treated, well there are too many variables.

He is a strong 90.  Still plays golf.  Other than this stage IV cancer he is strong as an ox.

Yesterday I shared that Word, specifically, studies on the sovereignty and love of God got me through some pretty tough challenges that started in the early 80’s – let me be clear, those studies were the bed rock but we were continually in the Word of God in study since then…

The thing I am learning through this – thus far is that it is much easier for me to deal with my challenges with the knowledge of God’s love an sovereignty than it is to watch my dad go through this.  Nevertheless, his challenge, like mine, is under those umbrellas.  For me it is learning to trust and accept at an entirely different level.

1 comment:

  1. May Christ stays his focus and umbrella, before and after. Someone paraphrased http://ref.ly/Php1.21 as "For me to live us Christ and to die is even more Christ". Wishing you many more special months together than predicted. My the mercy and grace of our Father, http://ref.ly/Heb4.16

    ReplyDelete