Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mind Blowing

For the last couple of days I have been stuck on a verse, concept that has been hard to accept.  At some level I have always known this, but have really been considering the truth of Psalm 68:19.  The Lord daily bears my burdens?  Really?  This is not the only place I have seen this thought check out Psalm 55:22; Psalm 37:4 – 5; Isaiah 46:4; Proverbs 16:3; 1 Peter 5:7; and Philippians 4:6 – 7.
The fact that my creator is intimately engaged in bearing my puny burdens blows my mind.

So think through this with me.  The creator of the universe (Genesis 1 and 2), who holds all things together (Col 1:17), who fills the heavens and the earth (Jeremiah 23:24), who is all knowing, who is all powerful, who created me in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139) engaging in that process cell by cell for nine months, for a purpose which He ordained before the beginning of the world (Ephesians 2:10), whose kingdom has no beginning and no end – this One bears my burden?

The God who holds the Eagle Nebula in place is concerned and invites me to ask Him to bear my daily burdens.
The God who holds the Eagle Nebula in place is also absorbed with my burdens, overwhelming.
I am overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment