Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

S'More Pastors

Yesterday I shared the idea that at a significant level we are all pastors; first of our families and then of those in our increasing circle of influence.  The comments were driven by my conversation with a pastor of a church with which I have had the privilege to be involved.
Since we are all pastors the Pastoral Epistles are not closed to us.
As I have continued to reflect on this there is a much more important reality that emerges from our roles as pastors, our relationship to the Pastoral Epistles, 1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus.  I have heard Bible teachers and some pastors emphasize the pastoral audience of these books to the extent that it calls into question their applicability to “lay people.”  While I believe that reflects a defective view of the Church as well as a deficient system of Biblical interpretation, for our purposes here let’s allow the argument.  Since we all function as pastors at some level, the epistles apply.

Do not let anyone tell you differentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment