Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Always Fresh

On March 3rd's post "Why," I shared some thoughts that came from some time I spent in 2 Timothy 2:10.  One of the things that made that remarkable for me is the number times I have studied that passage; beyond count.  Yet here is something that I had never seen before.  That is the amazing thing about the Word.  No matter how many time we come back to its pages we still find fresh insights.  It is one of the clear evidences of divine authorship.
Every time we come to the Bible we will unpack something new.
Image: jscreationzs / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
During the workshops I facilitate with men, we use 2 Peter.  There are a number of reasons why; one is that it is only 61 verses.  We can outline and practice skills in a short amount of time.  But the content is deep.  There is much in the book about the value, veracity, and vigor of the Word in our lives.  I have lost count on the number of times I have been through the book.  I have seen hundreds of outlines of 2 Peter.  I have the book memorized.  But more often than not, when going through the book with the men, I will see some connection, or some way Peter has framed the argument that I have not seen before.

It does not matter, how much I think I know about this Book, there is always more there.

No comments:

Post a Comment