Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Why?

When I was very young I remember pestering my mother by incessantly asking, “Why?”  I figured out really early that question has kind of a perpetual motion effect; there is no end to the cycle – murder maybe.  Lately, and as recent as this morning, I have turned that unending question on myself.  Why do I do what I do?  I was challenged in that regard this morning by 2 Timothy 2:10.
Why am I doing what I am doing?
Paul says here that he is enduring suffering so that the chosen can obtain salvation and eternal glory.  Not for Paul’s glory, but that those whom he is serving would gain glory.  That brought to mind a few of other places that Paul said some hard things.

  • Philippians 2 – we are to empty ourselves.
  • 1 Corinthians 9:16 – 23 – make myself a slave to all men doing all that I do for the sake of the gospel.
  • 2 Corinthians 5:14 – 21 – be controlled by the love of Christ and beg people to be reconciled to God.
  • Philippians 3 – take no credit for anything I have done or accomplish but know that I need to continually press on to know Christ.

And lest I think that this applies to other who are more lofty in their walk with God than I, Paul kills that notion in 1 Corinthians 4:16 and 11:1.

So my application this morning was to begin to pray over these and to continually ask myself, “Why?”

No comments:

Post a Comment