Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Busy

This has been a day.  I have been in meetings most all day from 6:30 this morning until now at 8:43 PM.  I have had some time between them but mostly just chunks of 30 minutes or so.  I also had this blog to write and handouts to prepare for next week’s workshop on Tuesday.  During the day I got another significant assignment that will take several hours to complete and my schedule until Monday evening does not let up.  I also need to finish my taxes this week to get to my CPA so I can file on time.  You have had weeks like that I am sure.
Are our schedules so full that we squeeze out our time with God?
That is the spirit of this age, busyness, your calendar, I know you have one, probably looks like the one in the picture; full, even color coded, mine is.  Note something on this.  In the picture on Sunday the 7th at 9:00 AM this individual has “Church.”  Great.  Now look at Tuesday the 9th at 6:30 PM, the entry is Bible study.  Another great.  Now find on the schedule where this individual does prep for Bible study or has a time alone with God.  It ain’t there.  Returning books to the library is, tennis is, ballet, soccer, but no time with God.

My experience has been if I do not schedule it.  It does not get done.  If I do not block out the time to do what I need to do, Bible study, prayer, etc. someone else will claim that time for their objectives.  Ephesians 5:15 – 16 tells us that we have to be careful, wise, making the most of the time.  This is one of the verses that I really like the way the King James handles verse 16 – “redeeming the time” is a much richer way to put it.  We have to fight, hard, to make sure that we are doing what is important, critical, first – first.

No comments:

Post a Comment