Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Validation

Many years ago I memorized Luke 17:9 – 10.  The application was that when I do something that the Lord has commanded, my obedience is and was its own reward.  I was able in a small way to serve the King.
Ever overwhelmed by God's grace?  Thoughts at DTTB.
So, I do not expect the Lord to encourage me – not sure that is the right word here but it is the best I can do at the moment.  However, He is a gracious Father.  He expresses His love at times in unexpected and stunning ways.  For some reason He poured a lot of encouragement out on me today.

I cannot share the details for security reasons, but I served a friend in another country by equipping some of his leaders to study the Scripture.  They are in a place that is hostile to Christianity.  He told me one of the men made the statement that if I taught the leaders of that culture to study their documents the way I showed them how to study the Bible, they would all become Christians.  I was floored.

I got a call from a church I have been helping for the past several weeks and they indicated they are going to help with some of our ministry projects financially.

This evening some of the men in the current Dads Teach the Bible workshop were scheming not only how to get other men in their church involved but how to get the material to one of the countries in which their church regularly partners.
They were sharing how the exercises we have been through have changed their approach to the Bible and given them both a deeper understanding of the Word and a deeper desire to share it with others.

The Lord did not have to do any of that.  He poured out His encouragement as a gift.  I remain an “unworthy slave.”  Regardless, today in His overwhelming grace He validated what He has told me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment