Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Impact of God’s Nature on our Lives

I was reading this afternoon and the last half of three verses jumped off of the page at me, Psalm 89:9, 15 – 16.
The Impact of God’s Nature on our Lives
9b – …your faithfulness surrounds you…  The Lord’s faithfulness permeates His environment, His sphere of influence.  That sphere of influence is infinite.  His faithfulness encompasses the universe.

15b – …O Lord, they walk in the light of your countenance…  As the Lord’s people we move and live in the presence of His glory.  Think of 1 John 1, we walk in the light.  Psalm 27:4, David’s one desire was to behold the beauty of the Lord.  Think of Isaiah’s experience in the throne room in Isaiah 6, and John’s experience in that same location in Revelation 4 and 5.  Not only does the Lord’s faithfulness surround Him, but the beauty of His countenance as well.  All of the glory we see on a day to day basis is but a pale reflection of Him.

16b – …and by your righteousness they are exalted…  I am not exalted by my performance.  Not by my service.  Not by anything that is of my doing.  My exaltation comes from His righteousness.  It is solely because of Him that I have any standing before Him at all.

What do you see in this Psalm?

No comments:

Post a Comment