Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tedium

I am type A.  I nearly explode standing still.  My idea of relaxing is to put 50 pounds on my back and go walk in the wilderness for two weeks.  Sitting still is not my thing.  The exception to that is Bible study.  I can sit still for that.
Tedium
Today was tedious.  I resist admin work.  Most of the day I was reformatting documents.  Or getting them ready for when I get translated materials back.

The only way I get through stuff like this is because I am passionate about the end result.  I have found that I can sustain that type of effort for about six days before I have to do something else.

But that is part of this assignment of serving our Lord is it not?  Not everything we do is exciting.  Some of it perhaps most of it is just discipline.  Doing what needs to be done whether we feel like it or not.

Perhaps that is really the height of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment