Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Systemic Results

For the past few years I have been struggling with something.  You may be surprised, but I am struggling with what really is the gospel.  I have mentioned lately that I am re-reading (a bit of an overstatement, I did not finish it the first time but I am still in the part of the book I did read before) The Divine Conspiracy .  Turns out Willard is struggling with the same thing.
Are you and your church getting what you think you should out of the Christian experience?  Thoughts at DTTB.
What started my struggle was the observation that a great number of believers are not really moving forward in their faith.  There is no sense that being a Christian has an impact on the way that they conduct their lives outside of going to a different building than most of their friends once or twice a week.  Why is that?

Willard quotes (it is the one place in the book thus far that he does not credit the source) W. Edwards Deming.  Deming, speaking of business systems said, "Your system is perfectly designed to give you the results you're getting."  That is very similar to Einstein’s definition of insanity.

That applies to our communities as well as our personal walks with God.  If we are struggling in either getting the results that we desire.  Perhaps we need to change some things.  There are a number of passages that are rumbling around in my mind right now but I think I will stick with…

…John 8:31 – 32

No comments:

Post a Comment