Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Contradiction in the Bible?

How do you deal with apparent contradictions in the Bible?  Thoughts at DTTB.Over the years in talking to people about Christianity I have had a number of those folks tell me that they do
not believe the Bible because it is filled with contradictions.  My usual response is something like, “That’s interesting, could you share and example of one with me?”  That question was usually – no always followed by silence.  One of the reasons for that is that those telling me about the contradictions had never really read or found any.  They were simply parroting what they had been told by someone else.

But there are some passages in the Bible that seem to be contradictory.  1 John 2:27 is one of them.  That verse seems to contradict most of the New Testament including the book in which it is found.  On the surface John seems to be telling his readers that they have no need to be taught in a book that is teaching them.

How do you resolve that?  Take a shot and I will share some thoughts on how it may be resolved later, probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment