Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, September 10, 2012

Treacherous

Yesterday we looked together at Psalm 25:1 - 3 and the need to wait on the Lord.  I observed that there was a significant contrast in verse three:

Wait vs. deal treacherously.
Not waiting on God, running ahead of Him is treacherous on at least two levels.  It puts you in danger, and it betrays God's trust and gift.
David contrasts waiting not with not waiting rather with dealing treacherously.  That seems a bit harsh.  I looked up treacherous in a dictionary that was handy it is defined as:
  1. Not loyal, or faithful, betraying or likely to betray.
  2. Seeming safe, reliable, etc. but not really so.
I do not much like this.  I am ok with David labeling me as impatient, treacherous, not so much.

But when I consider this further, it begins to make sense.  The Creator of the Universe has sacrificed His son in order to allow me to have a relationship with Him (John 3:16).  He has invited me into the same relationship He enjoys with His Son (John 17:20 - 24).  Through His Spirit, He has promised to lead me as I navigate life (Psalm 32:8; Isaiah 30:21).  Further, His Spirit leads me into clear understanding of truth (John 16:13).  In light of that, not to wait for Him, not to follow His lead, begins to look a lot like betrayal, faithlessness, unreliable - ok, treachery.

Looks like I need to learn to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment