Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dr. Howard Hendricks, Prof

What will be the impact of your life?  This man leaves a legacy that spans 6 decades impacting 100s of thousands of lives.  This morning he heard, Well done...
One of my mentors, Dr. Howard Hendricks, for most of us known as Prof, went home this morning.  I would be criminally remiss not to honor his Lord for him today.  Most of what you read here is either directly or indirectly a result of his ministry in my life; first through cassette tapes, then tracking down his class notes from one of his former students, reading his books, then taking every course he taught at Dallas, grading his leadership course for three years, getting the opportunity to travel with he and his wife, meeting with him at New Life Ranch at a critical transition time in our lives, finally his continual impact on my family as my son listens to the same messages on mp3 that I listened to on cassette tape in the 70’s.

I am deeply honored to have had the privilege to have known and worked for him.  I am forever changed by his passion for God’s Word and the building up of men in women in that Book.  To say that he will be missed is a horrendous understatement.

Thank you Lord for your choice servant.  Thank you for his life and ministry.

1 comment:

  1. While I did not have the privilege of sitting under him for a full semester, Prof (perhaps best said as THE Prof) did guest lecture my hermeneutics class on two occasions. I still can't believe the intensity/grace balance he possessed in his presentation of material. He had a way of penetrating the fog of normal life that just made things stick. I am quite sure there are thousands upon thousands of people who feel lessened by his departure.

    ReplyDelete