Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, February 9, 2015

Redeeming the Time

Ephesians 5:15 – 16 is one of those passages that demands application.  Now there is an app for that.
Redeeming the Time
I used to carry a verse pack with me wherever I went.  When I was waiting for something I would pull that out and review verses I had memorized.  For years I have never gone anywhere without something to read.

That is a whole lot easier to do now.  Smart phones have apps for that.  I use Logos Bible Software for my Bible study.  It is on my iPad and my iPhone.  I have several books on there I am currently reading.  One I would recommend is Scripture and Truth by D. A. Carson.  But, I digress…  The point is with free apps like YouVersion or Faithlife you can have the Bible and associated books literally at your fingertips.  There are others but these are the one's I have used.

No longer do you have to wonder what to do with yourself if you are waiting in line or a doctor’s office.  You don’t have to read three year old magazines any longer.  You can even mark up the text on your phone.

There is an app for redeeming the time…

1 comment:

  1. While on the go, I either:
    * read the Bible in YouVersion or Logos, or
    * listen to ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible (Free in Logos!), or
    * review memorized Bible verses using Remember Me app http://www.remem.me/
    * read books (in Vyrso/Logos/iBooks/Kindle/paper).

    ReplyDelete