Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Homeward Bound

When I left the Air Force I moved into the basement of Chuck and Sharon Steen in Birmingham, Al; that was 1976.  Chuck and Sharon were on the staff of the Navigators.  I was there to get a job, learn more about Christ, and help start the ministry at UAB.
Homeward Bound

Sharon was one of the most godly – I was going to say women, but that is incorrect – people, man or woman I have ever had the privilege of knowing.  My wife just commented that she radiated Christ’s love.  Short, true, and to the point.

I am not sure why this sticks in my mind, but while living there, I had misplaced something in the house and was, in my normal type A mode, frantically searching for whatever it was.  Sharon noticed, asked what was wrong.  She then suggested we pray that I would find it.  We did, and a few minutes later I found whatever it was…  I do not remember what I had misplaced.  I do remember Sharon’s gentle suggestion that we pray, and the results.

Sharon left us this morning.  She went into the presence of Christ at about 11:30 Mountain Time.  I got a text from Chuck about that time.  She and Chuck have four daughters, three are married.  There are, I think, five grandchildren, they were all able to say goodbye this morning.

Sharon is not famous.  She has not written books or been on the speaking circuit.  But, she has had an enormous impact on the lives of countless people.  She entered the presence of Jesus hearing the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Mike. I love stories like this. Stories about the ordinary people who live well and finish well. I look forward to meeting her.

    ReplyDelete