Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

Leave Me Alone!

You ever told Jesus that?  I have.  I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.  It was something I should not have been doing, but I wanted to anyway.  I was feeling guilt and that guilt was building.  I said it out loud.  He did leave me alone, for a time.
Leave Me Alone!
In Mark 5:14 – 20 after the people heard what the herdsmen said about what Christ did with the demoniac.  They “implored” Christ to leave.  He did.

Think of it.  The Lord of the universe follows our wishes.  He leaves us alone if we ask.  He left the region when asked.  That should scare you senseless.  It sure does me.

The only thing that comforts me is in Mark 5:18 – 20.  Christ assigned the restored demoniac the task of telling the people who asked Him to leave, the truth of the gospel.

Years later that same thing happened to me.  But I wonder what would have happened if I had not asked Him to leave me alone…

1 comment:

  1. How many times in my short and miserable (sound like Jacob?) life have I wondered, "What if....?" Like today about a dozen or so times? It is, of course, a futile.question. But more importantly it illustrates the gracious hand of God in dealing with us, bringing us to repentance and showering us with the grace of forgiveness through Christ's great sacrifice. It's a daily thing for my sin is great every day. We need those times in our life. If it wasn't that time or issue it would have been something else. God has a lot to work with in my life....

    ReplyDelete