Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, June 17, 2013

Lovely

Notice - if you are in the Tulsa area click on the events tab above.  There is a Dad's Teach the Bible workshop starting in a couple of weeks... Please Register by 6/23 so we will know how many books to print.

Stopped
Reading in Psalm 84 this morning, did not get much further than verse 1.  It is a good idea when you are struck by a verse in your reading to stop and wonder why; that is what I did this morning.

Looked
I ran a search in my Bible program, Logos, on “dwelling AND (God OR Lord)”.  That gave me this list:
  • Zechariah 2:10 – 11; 8:3
  • Romans 8:9
  • 1 Corinthians 3:16
  • 2 Corinthians 6:15f
  • Ephesians 2:22
Do you find all of God's people lovely?  Thoughts at DTTB.
There were actually more but these dealt with God dwelling with His people.  (You can do the same thing on Bible gateway by doing two searches using “dwell, Lord” and “dwell, God;” make sure you tell the program to match both words.  I could not figure out how to do a similar search on YouVersion.)

Challenged
When I read through those passages I am struck and challenged by this syllogism:
  • Where God dwells is lovely
  • God dwells with His people
  • God’s people are lovely

That is not my consistent response to all of God’s people.  I am working through that today.  My suspicion is that my response when not aligned with this, is telling me more about me than it is whatever or whoever it is I am seeing as unlovely.

Sometimes I really do not like what I find in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment