Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Trust or Plan

Matthew 6:28 – 34 has been and continually is a challenge for me.  I makes no difference that Matthew 6:33 is one of the first verses I memorized.  The fact that I have lead worship singing Matthew 6:33, with the other verses in that song, seems to have had minimal impact on my application of that passage.  Even though verse 34 tells me not to worry – OK.  Sometimes, actually most times, if I am honest, I still do.

Trust or Plan
There are times that I worry about having more month than income.  I know this passage tells me not to do that, but…

This is hard.  Hebrews 11:6 tells me that I am to come to Christ in faith believing that He is – no problem.  Then the writer ads and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him – challenge.  At a minimum, Christ and I have a different definition of reward.

It is easier for me to trust Him for the big stuff.  Mission projects in Africa, South America, Asia.  It is much harder for me to trust Him for the groceries.  Doesn’t make sense, but it is the truth all the same.

I find myself planning, scheming, rather than trusting.  I must be a slow learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment