Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, March 20, 2015

Arrogance Falling

There are times when I am very sure of myself.  There are subjects which I have studied about which I am confident.  There are other times that I impute the confidence I have in one subject to a subject in which I am not well versed.
Arrogance Falling
The problem with the second position is obvious.  But there is a problem with the first as well.  1 Corinthians 10:12 tells us that if we think we stand, we are probably about to fall…  There is always someone who has studied more.  There is always more that I can learn.  There will always be holes, deficiency in the things I think I know.

If I do not acknowledge that, continually I am in danger of a fall.  I need to be like Paul, in Philippians 3:15.  Though I may know some, there is more to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment