Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

Tempus Fugit

You may not live to finish reading this post; I may not live to finish writing it – we’ll see.  I am not sure what got me thinking about it this morning.  Maybe it was the reports of the homicides and traffic fatalities I heard on the radio on the way to ride my bike this morning; perhaps it was the muscle twinge that I felt in my chest when I was reading Psalm 119:1 – 16 this morning.  But somehow it got me thinking that we are not guaranteed our next breath.  The majority of people who have ever lived have lived their last second.
We cannot hold back the sands of time, we can only control what we do while they are flowing.
Each of us – if the Lord does not return first – is heading toward a certain end.  That end is fixed, Psalm 139:16.  After that end we will stand before God to face judgment, Hebrews 9:27 – 28.  That judgment will include an evaluation by fire of how we have employed the gifts and abilities with which we have been entrusted, I Corinthians 3:10 – 15.  Psalm 90:12 tell us that we are to live with this reality firmly in mind.  Ephesians 5:15 – 16 reminds us that we are to make the most of that time.

What we choose to invest that time in is important.  There are only two things that the Bible says will last forever.  The Word of God, Isaiah 40:8; and the souls of men, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and 2 Thessalonians 1:9.  So in what are you investing your time?  Will it last?

Made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment