Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stunning Encouragement

For the past several years I have used the morning and evening readings in the Book of Common Prayer for my quiet times.  I can’t tell you the number of times during that stretch that the seemingly random readings met needs about which I was struggling.
Stunning Encouragement
About the middle of February I switched to M’Cheyne’s reading calendar.  At some level I thought that it was the reading program that was meeting my needs.  I was wrong.  The same thing is happening with M’Cheyne.

I am in the midst of prep for a trip to another country.  I have been tasked to work with leaders of some churches for 5 days and then work with families in the churches for the next five days.

I have been struggling with getting the material pulled together.  In the past, this has been a fun but challenging process.  This time it is just challenging.  Much of that has been, I think, attacks of the enemy.  Yesterday, the reading plan took me to Deuteronomy 20:1 – 4.  To say that was encouraging would be a huge understatement.

I was reminded that in the war against the enemy of our Lord and His Church, that I am not alone in the battles.  Although the enemy is powerful, I am not to fear.  For the Lord is on my side in this fight.

Those words, written over 2500 years ago, gave me great comfort and encouragement.  It brought to mind that I need rest and trust in Him as I work through this prep.

So it was not the reading plan.  It was the Word.  It was the Holy Spirit.  It was the Lord.  I am humbly thankful.  I am stunningly encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God that although the setting changes the Word of God does not change because He does not change.

    It seems to be a lesson I need to learn, and relearn, and....

    ReplyDelete