Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, June 6, 2016

Worthy

In part of the reading plan I have been following (M’Cheyne Reading Plan) I am in Revelation.  A couple of days ago I was in Revelation 6.  Look at Revelation 6:11, it is the plea of the martyrs.  As I read that I thought of Hebrews 12:1 – 4.
Worthy
Think of it.  These people, these martyrs along with those who are listed in Hebrews 11 are part of those who are witnessing our journey towards home.  Those who have shed blood in their striving against sin are watching us.

My prayer is that I am worthy to be watched.

1 comment:

  1. In my early years of growing in Christ martyrdom was something I read about in missionary biographies mostly (outside the New Testament itself) of the last generation. My generation was fired with great missionary fervor to serve God as a result of the martyrdom of five men on a riverbank in some place I never heard of before trying to reach the "Auca" tribe, popularized by the writings of Elizabeth Elliot, one of the wives. "The Triumph of John and Betty Stamm" and others of the early days of the China Inland Mission," and stories of Africa also played a part.

    But that was all fairly far away.... Now, the news almost daily heard with seeing eyes reveals that the number of "fellow servants" of those early martyrs in Revelation 6 is exploding as I sit writing this.

    When will we in the United States of America have the same privilege? Probably not in my shortening life time...- but my grandchildren? I pray almost daily that God will develop in them the spiritual fiber to stand strong in such a time, that their roots will go deep into the soil of His grace by rivers of living water (Jeremiah 17). In the mean time that He will deliver them from the evil of this increasingly hostile age in which we live.

    Around our fellowship we talk a lot about, and believe in many promises. But suffering, let alone martyrdom, isn't one we talk about much....

    We are on the edge - or maybe already slipping over - the time when everyone in our society will have the "rights" guaranteed in the US Constitution to exercise all the "rights" desire.

    Except, of course, for true believers in Christ, the only Way to the Father through His blood-stained cross and disfiguring stripes (WAY understated). We are way too bigoted.

    ReplyDelete