Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

Identification

Do you ever hesitate to identify with Christ?  Do you do that to keep from getting in trouble or offending someone?  I find that I do at times.  I am not sure what that says about me.  Probably nothing good.
Do you always identify with Christ?  Thoughts at DTTB.

Several times in the past few weeks I have chosen to identify with people who I did not know.  I was talking to a lady who identified herself as a Buddhist.  I told her I worked with underground churches in a country that was hostile to Christianity.  She remarked that like Buddha, Christ was a great teacher.  I politely disagreed with her using C. S. Lewis’ liar or lunatic example.  She was offended.

Often though I find that when I share my belief in Christ with strangers they turn out to be believers.  We end up encouraging one another.

I have been places that to self identify is considered proselytizing which results in expulsion or incarceration.  So far that is not the case here.  Writing this 2 Timothy 2:8 – 13 leapt to mind.  It is our responsibility to identify with Christ, regardless of what others think or do in response.  I do not do that well.  To hold back is to deny who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment